These 15 Weird Facts Will Sound Totally False, But They’re Not.
These facts you’re about to read sound totally false, but go ahead and check for yourself.
1. Russia has a larger surface area than Pluto.
2. Oxford University is older than the Aztec Empire.
3. There are more stars in space than there are grains of sand on every beach in the world.
4. For every human on Earth there are 1.6 million ants.
5. The total weight of all those ants, however, is about the same as all the humans.
6. Shakespeare made up the name “Jessica” for his play Merchant of Venice.
7. Your chances of being killed by a vending machine are actually twice as large as your chance of being bitten by a shark.
8. Nowhere in the Humpty Dumpty Nursery Rhyme does it say that Humpty Dumpty is an egg.
9. Scotland’s national animal is the unicorn.
10. There are more fake flamingos in the world than real ones.
11. A strawberry is NOT a berry.
12. A banana is a berry.
13. An octopus has three hearts.
14. There is only one country between North Korea and Finland.
15. It rains diamonds on Saturn and Jupiter.