This is the best way to cut a watermelon
1. With a sharp knife (serrated is fine), cut the ends off of the watermelon.
2. Slice the watermelon in half.
3. Place the watermelon face down on a cutting board. Cut vertically across the fruit in two-inch intervals.
4. Turn the watermelon 90 degrees and repeat the previous step. Make sure to hold onto the sides while cutting so the slices don't fall apart.
5. Separate the spears, plate, and serve.
The beauty of the spears is that they are easy to eat, unlike large triangles, and have a rind top that makes them easy to hold.