Terms and Conditions of Flitto Service
Article 1 (Purpose)
- Flitto (“The Company” hereinafter) shall refer to a translation platform where service users (“The Users” hereinafter) request translation, conduct translation or share translated contents through Flitto (“The Service” hereinafter/services offered based on Flitto website and applications).
- The terms and conditions aim to define the rights, obligations and responsibilities of the Company and users as well as other required matters with regard to the use of Flitto services
Article 2 (Definition)
Terminologies used in the terms and conditions shall be defined as follows.
- “Service” refers to all corporate services that can be used by users regardless of terminals (wired/wireless).
- “Users” refers to service users who agreed to the terms and conditions before subscription to the service.
- “User name” refers to a combination of characters, numbers and special signs designated by users and approved by the Company for the purpose of the identification of users and the use of services.
- “Password” refers to a combination of characters, numbers and special signs designated by users for the purpose of the identification of users and the protection of secret information based on the granted user name.
- “Account” refers to the login account based on the user name and password.
- “Point” refers to virtual data on services that users have accumulated through translation activities in Flitto or purchased, and users may make payment with points at the time of using services in accordance with the standards designated by the Company.
- “Request” refers to the users’ provision of original texts, photos, voice, sound, various files and links for the purpose of requesting a translation.
- “Translation” refers to the provision of the translation of original texts, photos, voice, sound, various files and links as requested by users.
- Of the terminologies used in the terms and conditions, those unspecified in the Article shall comply with the related laws and regulations and general convention.
Article 3 (Specification, Explanation and Revision of the Terms and Conditions)
- “The Company” shall post the terms and conditions in a designated space within the service so that users can easily figure them out.
- The Company shall be allowed to revise the terms and conditions unless it violates such related laws and regulations as the Act on the Regulation of Terms and Conditions and the Act on the Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc.”
- If the Company revises the terms and conditions, it shall specify the revised terms and conditions, the date of the application of revision and the reasons for revision and notification in a designated space within the Sales Channel 15 days earlier than the date of application to the day before the date of application along with the current terms and conditions, provided that if the revision puts users in any unfavorable conditions, at least a 30 day grace period shall be granted for the purpose of notification.
- If users fail to explicitly express their intention to reject the revised terms and conditions until 7 days after the date of application of the revised terms and conditions despite corporate notification specifying that the Company shall consider that the users approve the revised terms and conditions unless they explicitly express their intention to reject the revised terms and conditions until 7 days after the date of application of the revised terms and conditions, the users shall be considered to have agreed to the revised terms and conditions.
- If users disagree to the revised terms and conditions, they shall be allowed to cancel the terms and conditions, and if the existing terms and conditions cannot be applied for circumstantial reasons, the Company shall be allowed to cancel the terms and conditions as well.
Article 4 (Interpretation of the Terms and Conditions)
- “The Company” shall designate separate provisions of separate services including Store (“Separate Provisions” hereinafter), and if they conflict with the terms and conditions, the latter shall prevail.
- Matters unspecified in the terms and conditions shall comply with Separate Provisions and related laws and regulations, and those unspecified in laws shall comply with convention or customs.
Article 5 (Admission)
- Those who want to apply for membership (“Applicants for Admission” hereinafter) shall subscribe to the service by checking the check box to agree to the terms and conditions, and the Company shall approve the request. In that case, Applicants for Admission shall be considered to agree to the following:
① “Applicants for Admission” shall be individuals aged 14 or older
② They shall agree to the terms and conditions
③ They shall acknowledge and agree that violation of the terms and conditions can result in punitive measures
2. Applicants for Admission aged less than 14 shall not be allowed to use Flitto services.
3. If it is deemed necessary, the Company shall be allowed to have Applicants for Admission submit separate documents.
4. Admission shall be determined based on request by Applicants for Admission and approval by the Company. The Company shall accommodate requests by Applicants for Admission in principle, provided that if it pertains to each of the following, the Company shall be allowed to reserve approval on admission or cancel the contract after the fact.
① If users whose contract was cancelled by the Company in accordance with the terms and conditions subscribe to the service again
② If users who withdrew from the service in accordance with the terms and conditions subsequently filed an application for admission again through the use of the same email address
③ If users entered faulty information in an application for admission or if users failed to provide information requested by the Company
④ If it is impossible to approve admission due to faults on the part of Applicants for Admission or users or if an application for admission was filed in violation of regulations
⑤ If the Company finds it detrimental to other users due to violation of related laws and regulations or harmful to public order or customs.
⑥ If "Applicants for Admission" or users are aged less than 14 years
5. If there are no sufficient service facilities or if there are technical or operational problems with regard to the provision of services or if it is necessary for financial and technological reasons, the Company shall be allowed to reserve approval on admission
6. If admission was reserved in accordance with 4 above, the Company shall notify it to email addresses entered by Applicants for Admission, provided that if “Applicants for Admission” intentionally or negligently entered faulty or wrong email addresses or if email addresses were not completely entered due to technical troubles, the Company shall not be obligated to make notifications any longer.
7. The time of establishment of the contract shall be the time of the corporate indication of completed admission with regard to procedures for request.
8. The Company shall identify the level of users according to corporate policy and differentiate them with regard to the use of services.
Article6 (Modification of User Information)
- Users shall be allowed to check out their own user information at any time through the use of Setup, My Page and Menu, and they may revise the information by entering information or by requesting the Company to do so.
- If it is necessary to change information entered at the time of filing an application for admission, users shall notify the changed information to the Company, and if losses are caused to users due to failure in notification, the Company shall not take responsibility for it.
- If email addresses are changed, users shall immediately notify them to the Company or register the changes in personal information. If losses are caused to users due to a failure in changes in user information, the Company shall not take responsibility for it.
Article7 (Collection and Protection of Personal Information)
- “The Company” shall collect users’ personal information required to provide services.
Article8 (Responsibility for Management of User Name)
- Users shall be responsible for managing their user name and password, and if a third party uses them due to the users’ intention or negligence, users shall take full responsibility for it.
- If the user name, password and additional information were stolen or if they are deemed to be used by a third party, users shall immediately notify it to the Company and comply with instructions given by the Company.
- As for Clause 2, if users failed to notify to the Company or if users sustained losses due to failure in following instructions given by the Company, the Company shall not take responsibility for it.
- If there is a concern that the user name might be disclosed or if it runs counter to a sound social norm or customs or if it is mistaken for the Company or its operator, the pertinent user name can be restricted.
Article9 (Use of Service)
- The Company shall provide users with following services.
① Collective intelligence/Cloud sourcing translation service
② Translation mediation service
③ Translation contents service
④ Store service
⑤ Other services that are additionally developed by the Company or that are provided to users through partnership with other companies
2. “Service” may be used right after approval on admission by the Company, provided that if email authentication has yet to be completed, the use of some services might be restricted.
3. Request texts, translation, memo, comments, self-introduction and contents posted by users on the services can be disclosed to unspecified masses due to their form of disclosure, and they shall not be deleted except for special cases recognized by the Company in consideration of the nature of the translation service.
4. Service hours shall be 24/7 (00:00-24:00) except when it is impossible for the Company to provide services due to technological or operational difficulties.
5. The Company shall be allowed to temporarily stop providing services for proper operational reasons including regular checks on service facilities, replacement, mechanical troubles and loss of communication. If the Company stops providing services for more than 24 hours, it shall notify users in advance in accordance with Article 10, and if there are unavoidable reasons for failing to make prior notifications, it shall be notified after the fact.
6. If it is deemed necessary to provide services, the Company shall conduct regular checks, and the time of regular checks shall be notified on the service provision screen.
7.The rights to use services with regard to translators and requestors shall not be transferred or given to others or used for the purpose of the rights of guarantee.
8. If it is judged that the use of services was not conducted in accordance with normal procedures with regard to translators and requestors, the Company may intervene to conduct activities on behalf of the users. In that case, the Company shall have the right to make a judgment.
Article10 (Notification to Users)
- If the Company notifies users, it shall use email addresses registered by users unless otherwise specified.
- As for the preceding clause, if users failed to go through the authorization of their email addresses or if they failed to receive notifications intentionally or negligently entering faulty email addresses, the Company shall not take responsibility for it.
- As for notification to all users, the Company shall replace it with the publication of news within services or the posting of messages on a bulletin board for 7 days or longer.
Article11 (Change of Service)
- The Company shall be allowed to change or conclude the entire services or part thereof if it is requested for proper corporate reasons or for operational and technological reasons.
- If services are changed or concluded in accordance with Clause 1, the Company shall notify changes or the conclusion of services to email addresses registered by users, provided that if the changes or conclusion of services have effects on the entire users or unspecified masses, the Company shall be allowed to notify them to users through the publication of news or posting on bulletin boards.
- The Company shall be allowed to revise, suspend, change or conclude the entire free services or part thereof due to corporate policy or for operational reasons and shall not pay any compensation to users unless otherwise specified in accordance with related laws.
- If pay services are concluded, it shall be notified to users in accordance with Clause 2 before refunding.
Article12 (Restriction and Suspension of the Use of Service)
- If it pertains to each of the followings, the Company shall warn pertinent users, restrict or suspend use of services or permanently withdraw pertinent users from services, and if the Company sustains losses in the process, it shall redeem points corresponding to the amount of losses.
① If users intentionally or negligently interrupt the normal operation of services
② If users violate obligation specified in Article 14
③ If serious irregularities such as identity theft, payment theft, illegal communication, hacking, distribution of malicious programs and excessive access privileges took place
④ If it is deemed inappropriate for the Company to continue providing services for material reasons
2. The Company shall have the full authority to make judgment on violations specified in the preceding clause, and if it results in the suspended use of services, all other benefits than points acquired through the use of service shall cease to exist, and the Company shall not pay compensation for it.
3. If users do not log in for three months or longer, the Company shall be allowed to restrict use for the purpose of protecting user information and improving operational efficiency. In that case, users shall be allowed to use services again by filing an application to reuse services.
4. If the Company decided to take punitive measures against users in accordance with Clause 1, the Company shall be allowed to take immediate actions and notify it to registered email addresses. The users shall be allowed to raise objections within 7 days of notification from the Company. At that time, if the Company deems the objections reasonable, it shall immediately resume the use of services and revive the defunct benefits.
5. If users or a third party sustained losses due to other users’ postings in terms of invasion of privacy, defamation and infringement of copyrights, they may give an explanation to the Company while requesting it to delete pertinent postings and take punitive measures against pertinent users. In that case, the Company shall make an arbitrary decision to take appropriate measures against pertinent postings and users
6. If postings within services are deemed to violate the rights of a third party in terms of the invasion of privacy, defamation and infringement of copyrights, or if they interrupt other users’ use of services and tarnish the image of the Company or if other postings are deemed to be inappropriate for material reasons, the Company shall be allowed to make an arbitrary decision to block or delete pertinent postings and take punitive measures against pertinent users even without complaints.
7. If other users or a third party files a civil or criminal lawsuit against users or the Company for losses caused by postings, the Company shall be allowed to temporarily restrict access to related postings until a final ruling is given by a court of law. A requestor of measures shall be responsible for legal measures related to restricted access to postings and explanations on a final ruling by a court of law.
Article13 (Obligations of the Company)
- The Company shall not conduct activities that are prohibited in accordance with laws and regulations or the terms and conditions or that is run counter to proper public order and customs, and it shall do its utmost to provide products on a continual and stable basis in accordance with the terms and conditions.
- If the Company deems opinions or complaints lodged by users with regard to the use of services reasonable, it shall resolve them. As for the opinions or complaints lodged by users, the process and result of resolutions shall be notified to users.
Article14 (Users’ Obligations)
- Users shall be prohibited from conducting the following activities.
l Users shall not be allowed to register false information at the time of subscription to services or modification
l Users shall not be allowed to use others’ information without permission
l Users shall not be allowed to reproduce, publish or broadcast information acquired in the course of changing postings or using services for profit or for non-profit without approval from the Company or provide them to a third party
l Users shall not be allowed to provide a third party with an opportunity to promote themselves through the use of services offered by the Company or receive money in return for conducting promotion for a third party or transfer rights to use services in return for money.
l Users shall not be allowed to violate rights of the Company or a third party by posting false information on the Company or a third party or infringing upon intellectual property rights.
l Users shall not be allowed to use other user names and passwords in order to use services in an illegitimate way.
l Users shall not be allowed to use corporate pay services by using others’ payment information such as bank account numbers and credit card numbers without permission.
l Users shall not be allowed to post messages recommending admission to pyramid organizations or terrorist organizations or put up obscene or violent messages, video or sound or disclose information running counter to good public order and customs.
l Users shall not be allowed to transmit or post information (computer programs, etc.) whose transmission or posting is prohibited in accordance with the Information Communication Network Act and related laws and regulations
l Users shall not be allowed to post messages harmful to minors as specified in the Juvenile Protection Act
l Users shall not be allowed to disseminate information, sentences, figures and sound running counter to sound public order or customs.
l Users shall not be allowed to post or broadcast messages by impersonating employees or managers of the Company or by using others’ names without permission
l Users shall not be allowed to post or send emails containing a software virus, other computer codes, files and programs aimed to disrupt or destroy the normal operation of computer software, hardware and electronic communication equipment.
l Users shall not be allowed to stop other users from using services by stalking, swearing or wallpapering
l Users shall not be allowed to collect, store and disclose other users’ personal information without permission.
l Users shall not be allowed to conduct advertising or promoting to unspecific user masses or collect information from other users for the purpose of transmitting spam mails.
l Users shall not be allowed to revise, reverse-engineer, decompile or disassemble software provided by the Company.
l Users shall not be allowed to use explanations on services provided by the Company and intellectual property rights of the Company such as the terms and conditions without permission.
l Users shall not be allowed to provide information within services to competitors or potential competitors.
l Users shall not be allowed to provide inaccurate translations by using an automatic translator intentionally and repeatedly
l Users shall not be allowed to provide inaccurate translations for the purpose of such rewards as points or badges.
l Users shall not be allowed to access such information as corporate servers that are not open to users.
l Users shall not be allowed to attempt to conduct other separate transactions than services without prior consent from the Company by disclosing personal information or contact information.
l Users shall not be allowed to violate present laws and regulations and the terms and conditions of services offered by the Company.
l Users shall not be allowed to stop other users from using services or prevent the Company from providing services.
l Users shall not be allowed to conduct activities that might be harmful to the Company and services.
2. Users shall comply with related laws and regulations, the terms and conditions, instructions for users, notified precautions related to services and other corporate notifications, and they shall be prohibited from conducting activities that might interrupt corporate business. If the Company conducts activities in violation of Clauses 1 and 2, pertinent postings may be deleted or temporarily removed, and it also might result in restriction of the use of services, cancellation of the contract, permanent withdrawal and civil or criminal lawsuits. If the Company sustains losses from it, it shall be allowed to redeem points corresponding to the amount of losses.
Article15 (Copyrights of Postings)
- Copyrights of the original text subject to translation as posted by users shall revert to the authors of the original text. Copyrights of translations shall also revert to translators, and requesters shall have rights to use the pertinent translation.
- Users’ postings within services may be exposed to search results, services and related promotions, and they may be partially revised, reproduced or edited for posting in consideration of pertinent exposure. Users shall be allowed to request the Customer Center to delete or blind pertinent postings and exclude them from search results at any time.
- As for a couple of translations composed of the original text and the translated text created in the process of the provision of services, the Company shall be allowed to use them for the purpose of promotion, database sales and the provision of translation to a third party.
- If it is intended to use postings in other ways as in Clauses 2 and 3, the Company shall make a prior notification to users via registered emails.
Article16 (Reversion of Rights)
- Copyrights and intellectual property rights of services shall revert to the Company, provided that users’ postings and works provided in accordance with partnership agreement shall be excluded.
- The Company shall grant users only the right to use accounts, user name, contents and points with regard to services, and users shall not transfer, sell, or offer them as security
- The Company shall be allowed to grant points while users use Flitto through translations and events.
- Users shall be allowed to use points singlehandedly or along with another means of payment at the time of using services in accordance with procedures and conditions designated by the Company.
- Details on granting and using points shall comply with the policies designated by the Company, and the Company shall notify them to users through the Sales Channel or websites operated by the Company.
- A scope of use of some points shall be restricted within services in accordance with standards designated by the Company.
- Users shall use points in their own transactions alone and shall not sell or transfer them to others under any circumstances.
- If users illegally or illegitimately acquire points, they cannot use them, and the Company may collect them.
- The Company shall be allowed to adjust the entire points or part thereof after prior notification for the purpose of the effective use and operation of services, and if users are responsible for violation of Article 14, it shall be allowed to adjust the entire points or part thereof without prior notification.
- Points shall be allowed to become defunct on a regular basis as designated by the Company.
Article18 (Refund of Points)
- If users made an overpayment, the Company shall refund the pertinent amount of money corresponding to points. In that case, the cost of refunding shall be defrayed by users.
- If points are refunded due to faults on the part of users including a change of heart, they shall be refunded in the following ways.
① Points may be refunded by a minimum transaction unit as suggested by the Company in Store. If the remaining points are less than the minimum transaction unit, the Company shall not be obligated to refund the points.
② Costs of refunding shall be defrayed by users.
3. Notwithstanding Clause 2, if it pertains to each of the following, the entire amount of money paid by users shall be refunded.
① If services have never been used after payment made by users.
② If it is impossible to use services due to a fault on the part of the Company including disrupted services
4. If it is necessary to give a refund for reasons specified in Clause 3-1, the cost of refunding shall be defrayed by users. If it is necessary to give a refund for reasons specified in Clause 3-2, the cost of refunding shall be defrayed by the Company.
5. If the Company restricts the users’ use of services due to their violation of Article 14 or if users unilaterally cancel the contract, the Company shall not refund points corresponding to the amount of loss caused to users.
6. If users cancel the contract or withdraw from services, they shall request the Company to refund the remaining points in advance, and if they cancel the contract or withdraw from services without request for refund, the Company shall not be obligated to refund the remaining points.
7. If points purchased by users are mixed with those acquired by users through activities within services, purchased points shall be considered to have been used first at the time of the calculation of points to be refunded.
8. A refund shall be given through the use of a user’ means of payment in principle, but if it is impossible, a refund shall be given in another way designated by the Company.
9. The Company shall give a refund within 7 business days in principle, and if it is delayed for reasons on the part of a third party such as credit card companies and Paypal or due to faults on the part of users, the pertinent dates shall not be included in the pertinent period.
Article 19 (Store)
Matters related to the use of the Store shall comply with the terms and conditions of the Store.
Article20 (Cancellation of the Terms and Conditions)
Terms and Conditions of Flitto One-on-One Translation ServiceUsers shall be allowed to request cancellation of the contract through the use of the Setup menu on the website at any time, and the Company shall immediately handle it in principle.
- If users violate Article 14, the Company may unilaterally cancel the contract, and if it causes losses to the operation of services, the Company shall be allowed to have users take civil or criminal responsibility for it.
- If users cancel the contract, they shall be considered to have given up their rights to access to existing translation data and points.
- If users cancel the contract, the Company shall encrypt users’ email information for storage, and it shall be used only for the purpose of the prevention of re-subscription. Users’ entire data shall be destroyed except for encrypted email information, provided that translations adopted by requesters or requests for which participating translators exist or the processed data on translation couples shall be maintained within services so that pertinent requesters, translators and the Company shall continue to use them.
Article21 (Exemption from Responsibility)
- If the Company cannot provide services for each of the following reasons, it shall not take responsibility for the resultant losses caused to users.
① If it pertains to force majeure including natural disasters
② If it pertains to disrupted use of services due to faults on the part of users
③ If a third party that formed a service partnership for the purpose of the provision of services intentionally sabotages services
④ If problems were not caused by intention or negligence of the Company
2. Unless a separate contract was established, the Company shall guarantee neither the quality or reliability of translations, nor the credibility or accuracy of information, materials and facts posted with regard to services. It shall also not take responsibility for resultant losses caused to users.
3. If transactions were conducted through mediation between users or between a user and a third party, the Company shall be exempt from responsibility.
Article22 (Governing Laws and Jurisdiction)
- The terms and conditions shall be governed by laws enacted in the Republic of Korea.
- Legal disputes between the Company and users shall be resolved by the Seoul Central District Court.
The terms and conditions shall take effect on 31 Mar 2016, provided that, notwithstanding the preceding provisions, they shall apply to new members who subscribed to the service prior to the date of application after notification on the terms and conditions on the date of subscription.